BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 15, 2010

PERSONALIZED VINTAGE BABY SHOWER INVITATIONS

The one drawback of retro or vintage baby shower themes is that when mom wants personalized vintage baby shower invitations it takes me from cruising the flea markets for real old-fashioned cards to spending (more) time in front of the computer looking for templates and clipart to use in making my own invites that "look" old.

I have found that the best way to do this is to scan and use the portions of an old invitation, make my own template and then print it out with a personalized poem or wording. To say that the process of making your own baby shower invitations is time consuming is an understatement and I would frankly rather skip personalizing and use a real retro invition or buy cards from a printer already personalized than spend the time. Call me lazy, but time is something I don't have a lot of and I can better spend it decorating the venue or cupcakes to complement the baby shower decorations, theme or colors.

FREE PRINTABLE VINTAGE BABY SHOWER INVITATION TEMPLATE

There is a free printable vintage baby shower invitation template here
that features a retro styles picture on the inside of the card and colorful diaper pins and lettering on the outside.

You have the option of personalizing the wording of the invitation by cutting and pasting your baby shower invitation from word processing program adjusting the size and type of font and color before you print the invitation.

I'm not crazy about the colors used in the graphics on the outside of the card. If you could adjust the color of the letters and the diaper pins it would give the personalized vintage baby shower invitations a more authentic look.

0 comments: