BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fall Themed Baby Shower Ideas




The window of opportunity for fall themed baby shower ideas is VERY tiny when you consider that it's too hot to enjoy baby shower decorations in warm colors until late September. In my part of the country, summer has been known to hang around until mid-October and we have often waited until almost Thanksgiving to see the highly acclaimed "frost on the pumpkins".

What happens is that fall baby shower invitations decorated with scarecrows and cascades of swirling leaves in shades of brown, antique white and rust are edged out by Halloween baby shower decorations featuring pictures of Jack O' Lanterns and turkeys in honor of Thanksgiving.

What I like to do is make my own invitations and blend several of the fall baby shower themes with a scarecrow or a pile of pumpkins (that have not been subjected to the knife as of yet) as the centerpiece on the front of the cards and embellish the graphics by surrounding the bright orange pumpkins, turkeys or scarecrow clipart with some colorful autumn leaves that I stick on with my hot glue gun.

I usually choose to use blank card stock so that I can change the baby shower invitation wording to reflect any fall themed baby shower ideas and baby shower decorations that strike my fancy.

0 comments: