BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

MATCHING BABY GEAR

I'm a huge fan of matching baby gear for lots of reasons. Not long ago the idea struck me that there may be benefits to carrying this obsession a step further and matching the shower to the baby's nursery theme if one exists. It seems to me that hostesses are missing out on a grand opportunity if they don't take the time to do their research and match the baby shower theme to the nursery's decor.

There's certainly no lack of baby shower and party decorations in every color under the sun. Even if the guest of honor has chosen to decorate with an obscure theme with a little dedication to the task at hand you should be able to come up with gifts and decorations that give a nod to what she chose for her baby's room.

The benefits of matching baby gear are that even if the stroller, the baby carrier or even the baby's clothes are stored in plain sight it almost seems that it's part of the plan and the nursery has a less cluttered look about it.

For instance, if mom has a ladybug nursery theme it's no trouble at all to find ladybug baby shower supplies and decorations and the guests can help mom build her stash of matching baby gear that's decorated with ladybugs. Here's an idea; you might want to tip off your guests as to the preferred color scheme as pink and brown ladybugs are just as if not more popular than the traditional red and black ladybugs these days.

A ladybug theme is just one example. It's also easy to find matching baby gear for jungle, cowboy, princess and lots of other common themes. If you give this idea a try, please drop back by and share your pictures and tell us how it worked for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally into matching baby gear and would have loved to have had a shower that was in my theme. My gifts were all appreciated but I wound up having to buy most of the stuff for my nursery like a baby swing that matched my nursery. Even though I got a swing at the shower it was not the one that matched my crib set so it went to my mom's house.

Plus, I had to buy my own travel crib, highchair and baby stroller because of my obsession with matching baby gear.

We didn't have to buy a swing for the grandparents' house but it would have been so nice to have gotten matching items like clothes at the shower.

Anonymous said...

With my first baby, the shower and the nursery didn't exactly match but it was close. The shower was a jungle theme and I had decorated my son's room with giraffes. I got lots of cute clothes with wild animals on them. I can tell you that I didn't realize how helpful tying the shower to the nursery was until this time around.

My shower for my second child was last weekend and the theme was a spring flower theme and I've decorated the nursery with trees and birds so everything blended so you could say it was kind of a match. The colors at the shower were pastels and the nursery is too. I love everything I received but I can see that the room lacks the cohesiveness that I took for granted in my son's nursery which by the way is still decorated pretty much the same less the crib and changing table.

Anonymous said...

I've had three showers and none of them matched my nursery but I also didn't know whether I was having a boy or a girl at the time.

My nursery for all three was a jungle theme and the theme for my showers were a Mod Mom theme, a shopping theme and a yellow ducky theme. All were chosen because they were non-gender specific.