It’s never too soon to start reading to your baby.
Children’s Christmas books
are lovely to look at as well as entertaining. The stories are often clever combinations of inspiration with a dose of humor with artwork that will leave little ones breathless. Each year there are new possibilities for building your little one’s personal library.
Choosing a book for infants is easy. They are soothed by the sound of your voice and being held in your arms. The words and pictures will not have nearly as much effect as the shared moments rocking and reading until sugarplums are dancing in your little one’s head. So long as the story is one that you enjoy reading aloud, the book itself is not that important at this young age.
Later on, the more challenging it will be to keep your child interested in the story. Interaction may be the key. The best Children’s Christmas books for this age will be board books that have windows that baby can open without risk of tearing the pages. Bright pictures and textures that you can invite your baby to touch will go a long way towards keeping baby still enough to get to the end of the book.
Here are some baby books that will make perfect stocking stuffers that you will enjoy as much as your little one.
Merry Christmas, Peter Rabbit! (Potter) by Beatrix Potter
- Fisher-Price: Baby's First Christmas: Learning About Colors (Fisher-Price)
- Silent Night: A Light and Sound Book by Smart Kids Publishing, David Mead, and Chris Sharp
- O Little Town of Bethlehem: A Pageant of Lights by David Mead
- Merry Christmas, Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt
- Christmas Mice (The Little Golden Treasures Series) by Richard Scarry
- Dora's Christmas Adventure (Dora the Explorer)
- Jingle Bells (My First Taggies Book) by Kaori Watanabe
- Christmas Is Coming! by Claire Masurel and Marie Henry
- Shaped Board Book (Santa's Workshop) by Jill Ackerman
- Christmas Peekaboo by DK Publishing
- Christmas Tree by DK Publishing
- The Tales of Three Trees Angela Elwell Hunt
- The Story of Christmas by Patricia A. Pingry and Lorraine Schreiner Wells
- Mouse's First Christmas by Lauren Thompson and Buket Erdogan
Those are just a few of the excellent children’s Christmas books that will get you and your little one in the holiday spirit in spades and make baby’s first Christmas gifts festive as well as educational.
Return to Unique Baby Gifts Baskets, Kids Stuff and Party Ideas to find more baby Christmas gift ideas.